Thursday 9 July 2015

Madurai – The Heart and Soul of Tamil Nadu



Just as I thought my tour of Chennai is going to end, suddenly we popped up a plan of visiting Madurai. At my first thought, I was little confused and knew little about the city. But I think the joy of venturing and holidaying on an unknown destination is thrilling. You don’t know much about the place and what it has for you in the box. So on the next day we reached the city. I have myself made online search about the town. It was startled to know that the town is the one of the oldest in the world. For native and locals, the town is vital as it is the root of Tamil culture and soul. For many it’s a pilgrimage town or a prominent tourist destination known for its thousand-year rich old heritage tour packages


The city which is known for its diverse name is world famous for its Meenakshi Amman Temple. The structure is a living and epic epitome of the architectural brilliance of the bygone era rulers of Southern India. As I was sauntering the streets exploring its rich Tamil culture, simultaneously planning for my next trip. Because of the tight schedule I was left craving for more. Next time I will look for Tamil Nadu holiday packages to relish the town and divulge it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment