Monday 13 July 2015

Mumbai’s Culinary World



I got my first chance to visit Mumbai through an official work. But somehow it turned out to be a one-day holiday trip for me. So I thought why not fully utilize the chance. As I had heard a lot about the culinary delight of the city, I was eager to explore it. The Mumbai food truly epitomizes the cultural diversity it boasts. The city once a small fishing village has now turned into a modern day cosmopolitan urban ecosystem. The financial hub of the country is known for its smorgasbord food. The culinary diversity is startling from Gujarati, Muslim, Parsi, Goan, South Indian and native Maharashtrian cuisine influences. I have heard a lot about the Parsi food. So I decided to invade a Parsi restaurant. Loved for their variety of cakes, the food there was delectable. The variety of cakes and non-vegetarian dishes like Mutton Berry Pulao, Fish Patra, will take you in a heavenly state.


With the time these Parsi restaurants finding it hard to survive with the time. If one is pure vegetarian he can opt out for a Gujarati Thali. Illustrious for its street food like Vada Pav, Behl Puri, Batata Vada and more, the food will completely engulf you. Due to little time constraint I was not able to fully explore the ocean of cuisine the city boasts. Next time I am going to visit with plenty of time by my side. I was so engrossed with the short trip that the next time I have decided to actually go for Maharashtra holiday packages to explore the stunning state.

No comments:

Post a Comment